By Myles Wilson-Walker © 1999-2016
WD Gann used the planets / astrology in a multitude of ways.
The following is an example from his May Soybean chart of converting planets to price and linking it to an astronomical event.
Gann is using the view of the planets as seen from earth Geocentric (astrological) and not the usual Heliocentric (scientific) way where the planets positions are calculated on the basis of using the Sun as the center.
Below is a scan of W.D.Ganns May Soybean chart 1947 – 1948.
The Chart has all of Ganns notations highlighted with reference to the following key.
Key to Chart One.
(1) Top left is the astrological symbol for the planet Jupiter just at the beginning of a Jupiter trend line He started this trend line on the 4th of October 1948 when Jupiter was at 22 degrees Sagittarius. 22 degrees Sagittarius is also 262 degrees of the 360 degree circle.Ganns first price marking was at 262 cents and then he started moving his trendline up by 1 cent every time Jupiter moved by 1 degree.
(2) is a line drawn along at 270 cents marking the price/degree where Jupiter would change signs from Sagittarius to Capricorn.
A planet changing signs of the zodiac is known as ingress and this chart shows several planets ingress but he only marked Jupiters in this way.
(3) Uranus is exactly 60 degree from Mars. Follow this Uranus symbol to the Mars trend line where it touches. This is the date of the 60 degree angle.
(4) Venus and Mars ingress within one day of each other. Gann put a little cross on the day of the Mars crossing.
Each zodiac sign is 30 degrees of the circle. (360 degrees divided by 12 signs = 30 degrees)
(5) Gann marked 270 price for Jupiters ingress and then marked 15 cents below this as well 30 cents lower.
(6) all potential price targets.
(7) The trend line is created by the movement of the planet Mars. Mars moves faster than Jupiter and this is reflected in the steeper slope of the Mars trend line.
(8) Soybeans last touch on the Jupiter trend line.
(9) is a little arrow pointing down when the moons nodes changed to 29 degrees of a new sign.This is like a planetary ingress because the moons nodes run counter clockwise.
© 1999-2016 Myles Wilson-Walker. All rights reserved.